Christopher Nuttall has been planning sci-fi books since he learnt to read. Born and raised in Edinburgh, Chris created an alternate history website and eventually graduated to writing full-sized novels. Studying history independently allowed him to develop worlds that hung together and provided a base for storytelling. After graduating from university, Chris started writing full-time. As an indie author, he has self-published a number of novels. The Royal Sorceress was the first of his novels to be published by Elsewhen Press. Chris is currently living in Edinburgh with his wife, muse, and critic Aisha and their son.
Christopher’s steampunk fantasy alternate history novel, The Royal Sorceress, was published by Elsewhen Press on 6th October 2012. The second book in The Royal Sorceress series, The Great Game, was published by Elsewhen Press on 16th August 2013. The third book in The Royal Sorceress series, Necropolis, was published by Elsewhen Press on 8th August 2014. The fourth book in The Royal Sorceress series, Sons of Liberty, was published by Elsewhen Press on 29th April 2016.
His high fantasy gold-award-winning novel, Bookworm, was published by Elsewhen Press on 18th January 2013. The second book in the Bookworm series, Bookworm II – The Very Ugly Duckling, was published by Elsewhen Press on 3rd January 2014. The third book in the Bookworm series, Bookworm III – The Best Laid Plans, was published by Elsewhen Press on 13th February 2015. The fourth and final book in the Bookworm series, Bookworm IV – Full Circle, was published by Elsewhen Press on 2nd October 2015.
His fantasy novel, A Life Less Ordinary, was published by Elsewhen Press on 10th May 2013.
His science fiction novel, Sufficiently Advanced Technology, the first book in the Inverse Shadows universe, was published by Elsewhen Press on 12th July 2013.
His science fiction/alternative history novel, The Mind’s Eye, was published by Elsewhen Press on 7th November 2014.
Christopher’s story The Girl in Black is included in the anthology Existence is Elsewhen which was published by Elsewhen Press on 18th March 2016.
- “shamelessly entertaining” – review of Sons of Liberty on RisingShadow
- “one of the best novels of its kind” – review of Bookworm IV: Full Circle on Risingshadow
- “a sharp collection” – 8/10 review of Existence is Elsewhen on Starbust Magazine
- “excellent and wonderfully imaginative” – review of Existence is Elsewhen on Risingshadow
- “perfect entertainment” – review of Bookworm III: The Best Laid Plans on Risingshadow
- “one of the most entertaining science fiction novels of the year” – Review of The Mind’s Eye on Risingshadow
- “fluently written fantasy … shamelessly entertaining” – review of Necropolis on Risingshadow
- “fantastic escapism” – review of Bookworm II: The Very Ugly Duckling on Risingshadow
- “one of the most intriguing heroines in modern fantasy” – Review of The Great Game on Risingshadow
- “fascinating and fluently written science fiction” – Review of Sufficiently Advanced Technology on Risingshadow
- “perfect escapism” – Review of A Life Less Ordinary on Risingshadow
- “ Excellent escapism!” – Review of Bookworm on Risingshadow
- “one of the most interesting and entertaining alternate history books ever written” – review of The Royal Sorceress on Risingshadow
- “an excellent tale” – review of The Royal Sorceress on Changing The Times
- Christopher Nuttall’s bestselling fantasy Bookworm series to be released as unabridged audiobooks April 3, 2017
- Sons of Liberty by Christopher Nuttall now available in paperback August 1, 2016
- Existence is Elsewhen launch at Mancunicon March 30, 2016
- Sons of Liberty, latest alternative history novel from bestselling author Christopher Nuttall March 24, 2016
- Published today – Existence is Elsewhen, Science Fiction anthology headlined by John Gribbin March 18, 2016
- The Bookworm and the Angry Man: Deconstructing Elaine and Johan October 7, 2015
- Bookworm IV: Full Circle – final instalment of Christopher Nuttall’s best-selling fantasy series October 2, 2015
- REVEALED – The cover of Bookworm IV: Full Circle September 1, 2015
- Elsewhen Press launches new science fiction and fantasy titles at Eastercon in Heathrow April 3, 2015
- Dysprosium – Eastercon 2015 February 25, 2015
- The third book in Christopher Nuttall’s bestselling Bookworm fantasy series is published today February 13, 2015
- FIRST LOOK – The cover of Bookworm III: The Best Laid Plans January 23, 2015
- Christopher Nuttall’s latest novel The Mind’s Eye explores the impact of the emergence of telepathy November 7, 2014
- Out now: bestselling author Christopher Nuttall’s latest title in alternative history/fantasy series August 8, 2014
- UNVEILED: The cover art for Necropolis (Book III of the Royal Sorceress series) July 6, 2014
- German edition of Bookworm available in December June 1, 2014
- Gold Award for Bookworm confirms Christopher Nuttall as star of indie fiction April 28, 2014
- Are you going to AuthorCon UK on Saturday? April 23, 2014
- Bookworm announced as a finalist in Independent Book Awards February 3, 2014
- Eagerly-awaited Bookworm II available from today January 3, 2014
- Sufficiently Advanced Technology out in paperback November 8, 2013
- Christopher Nuttall talks about The Great Game on the Alternate History Weekly Update September 6, 2013
- The Great Game by Christopher Nuttall out today August 16, 2013
- Sufficiently Advanced Technology by Christopher Nuttall published today July 12, 2013
- German rights to Christopher Nuttall’s Bookworm acquired by Random House June 7, 2013
- A Life Less Ordinary – trailer on YouTube/Facebook May 14, 2013
- Dragons fly over Edinburgh unnoticed May 10, 2013
- Christopher Nuttall interviewed by Jennifer Loiske May 8, 2013
- Christopher Nuttall guest post on Alternate History Weekly Update February 20, 2013
- Bookworm published today January 18, 2013
- The Royal Sorceress by Christopher Nuttall published today October 6, 2012
- Elsewhen Press signs Scottish indie author for first in a new series of steampunk fantasy novels June 13, 2012
Christopher can be contacted via Elsewhen Press using christopher.nuttall (at) elsewhen.co.uk