Douglas Thompson’s short stories have appeared in a wide range of magazines and anthologies, most recently Albedo One, Ambit, Postscripts, and New Writing Scotland. He won the Grolsch/Herald Question of Style Award in 1989 and second prize in the Neil Gunn Writing Competition in 2007. His first book, Ultrameta, was published by Eibonvale Press in August 2009, nominated for the Edge Hill Prize, and shortlisted for the BFS Best Newcomer Award, and since then he has published four subsequent novels, Sylvow (Eibonvale, 2010), Apoidea (The Exaggerated Press, 2011), Mechagnosis (Dog Horn, 2012), Entanglement (Elsewhen Press, 2012) and has two forthcoming in 2014, Freadsal and Volwys, from Acair Publishing and Dog Horn respectively. The Rhymer is his eighth novel.
Douglas’s philosophical science fiction novel, Entanglement, was published by Elsewhen Press on 1st August 2012.
Douglas’s comic-poetic satire The Rhymer, an Heredyssey will be published by Elsewhen Press in summer 2014.
- “I was strongly reminded of HG Wells” – review of Entanglement on Murder Mayhem & More
- “prepare to be entangled” – review of Entanglement on British Fantasy Society website
- “a clever book, packed with ideas” – Review of Entanglement on Vicky Thinks
- “a compelling tour de force” – review of Entanglement on The Future Fire
- “I wish there were more science fiction like it” – review of Entanglement at Sein und Werden
- “enthralling science fiction” – review of Entanglement on sci-fi online
- “effortlessly engaging” – review of Entanglement on The Horror Zine
- “brimming with ideas” – review of Entanglement on Warpcore SF
- “A memorable book”, review of Entanglement on Science Fiction & Fantasy blog
- “ one of the most fascinating science fiction novels I’ve read” – Review of Entanglement on Rising Shadows
- Shakespeare on acid February 3, 2014
- Douglas Thompson, author of Entanglement, at FantasyCon 2012 September 22, 2012
- Entanglement by Douglas Thompson published today as eBook August 1, 2012
- Elsewhen Press signs award-winning Scottish author February 2, 2012
Douglas can be contacted via Elsewhen Press using douglas.thompson (at) elsewhen.co.uk