Rebecca started writing when she was supposed to be studying for her exams at Otago University but somehow passed anyway, eventually graduating with a decorative piece of paper. She moved to the UK to pursue a career in publishing and after a couple of mishaps ended up in Edinburgh and sold Instrument of Peace to Elsewhen Press, which is not quite the career she had in mind. The career she did have in mind was along more editorial lines which is why she is now a volunteer at Inspired Quill and a freelance copy-editor for everyone else. She also has a blog which she infrequently remembers to update, where those mysterious things known as short stories can be found.
Even after three years, she is baffled by the fact that the British use miles, pints and 1p coins but things like pineapple lumps, black forest chocolate and L&P have not caught on. Rebecca would like to make it very clear that she is a Kiwi and absolutely NOT an Australian (or South African) and she will do almost anything for chocolate.
- “a fantastical story with plenty of excitement” – review of Instrument of War on Risingshadow
- “A clever update to a magical school story with a twist.” – Christopher Nuttall on Instrument of War
- “exciting and fast-paced” – review of Instrument of Peace on RisingShadow
- Instrument of Chaos now available January 2, 2018
- Instrument of Peace audiobook now available September 26, 2017
- Nine Worlds 2017 – we had a blast! August 9, 2017
- Rebecca Hall’s fantasy Symphony of the Cursed trilogy to be released as unabridged audiobooks August 4, 2017
- Instrument of War by Rebecca Hall – out now June 2, 2017
- Elsewhen Press announces second book in YA Fantasy trilogy from New Zealand author Rebecca Hall April 24, 2017
- Mitch couldn’t help but be jealous of all the fictional wizards out there June 24, 2016
- REVEALED – The cover of Instrument of Peace April 16, 2016
- International Women’s Day 2016 March 8, 2016
- New Zealand author Rebecca Hall signs with UK publisher for YA Fantasy trilogy February 19, 2016
Rebecca can be contacted via Elsewhen Press using rebecca.hall (at) elsewhen.co.uk