And then writing happened. Short stories at first: in anthologies (Tree House Press, Kindofahurricane Press, and now Elsewhen Press), magazines (Words with Jam, Silver Pen, Writers Tribe), podcast (Cast of Wonders), and some flash fiction for Sein und Werden. But behind it all was the novel, of course. A novel that she started as part of her MA in Creative Writing, and that she is now busily putting the finishing touches to.
Susan hails originally from Yorkshire, but has spent the last thirteen years living in London, where she worked in the Higher Education sector. She is now a full-time writer, and is loving every minute of it.
Susan’s story Hide and Hunt is included in the anthology Existence is Elsewhen which was published by Elsewhen Press on 18th March 2016.
- “a sharp collection” – 8/10 review of Existence is Elsewhen on Starbust Magazine
- “excellent and wonderfully imaginative” – review of Existence is Elsewhen on Risingshadow
- Existence is Elsewhen launch at Mancunicon March 30, 2016
- Published today – Existence is Elsewhen, Science Fiction anthology headlined by John Gribbin March 18, 2016
- International Women’s Day 2016 March 8, 2016
Susan can be contacted via Elsewhen Press using susan.oke (at) elsewhen.co.uk