Zoë was born in London, but spent her later childhood living in Lancashire, where she started writing novels at the age of twelve due to extreme boredom. After completing the obligatory epic fantasy trilogy in her teens, she spent four years at the University of St Andrews, where she learnt to fence both foil and sabre and cemented her passion for space opera. She now lives in London with her husband and a collection of swords. When she’s not writing or fencing, Zoë works as a print controller for an advertising company.
Sailor to a Siren, her first novel, was published by Elsewhen Press on 17th July 2015.
- “Outstanding” – review of Sailor to a Siren on Marian L Thorpe’s Words and Birds blog
- “addictive, fast-paced and highly entertaining” – review of Sailor to a Siren on Risingshadow
- Zoë Sumra at Sci Fi Bromley on 24th September September 21, 2016
- International Women’s Day 2016 March 8, 2016
- Sailor to a Siren, highly anticipated space opera by Zoë Sumra, published today July 17, 2015
- FIRST LOOK: Cover art for Sailor to a Siren June 23, 2015
- Richly detailed, subtly revealed and fully realised new universe unveiled by debut novelist March 2, 2015
Zoë can be contacted via Elsewhen Press using zoe.sumra (at) elsewhen.co.uk