A new way to combine art and prose in storytelling.
In the future your culture will be shaped by machines
Your world is manipulated by computer coding, search engines and social networks. It’s just a matter of time before everything you watch, read and listen to will be created by autonomous machines.
An Android Awakes : The struggle for survival and the fate of a story teller.
In the future some of us will become great writers, renowned artists, visionary filmmakers and talented photographers. Most of us though will just have more sex. Go forward a few more generations and none of us are creative save that of our procreation. Our culture is shaped by machines. The novel has become a 1000 words.
Android Writer PD121928 is part of the Android Publishing Program. To replicate their idea of a writer’s life, his wife has been forcibly removed and he lives in solitude with an allowance for drugs and state prostitutes.
He also has just had his novel The Eating of Citizen Kane rejected. He has 14 more attempts to get a story accepted by the Program or he will be deactivated.
Can one of his characters and their story save him?
The Locust Wife
The Great Explorer Umberto Amunsden
The Amazing Arctic Sinking Man
Featuring Absolute Zero (the coolest spaceship ever built – literally), an ocean in the sky, sub-atomic particles, a Märchen zoo, android communion, naked angels and mockingbirds, An Android Awakes hurtles towards the shocking conclusion of Android Writer PD121928’s fate.
Writer: Mike French
Artist: Karl Brown
Colour on Digital Edition: Vicky Delfosse
Logo Design & Cover Design: Craig Nash
Design Consultant: Sophie Carpenter
Visual & Script Consultant: Josh Hodson
An Android Awakes was published in both a digital edition and paperback on 13th November 2015.
ISBN: 978-1-908168-73-3 eBook Typical price £3.99 / €4.99 / $5.99
ISBN: 978-1-908168-63-4 paperback 208pp List price £13.99 / €19.99 / $24.99
Prices online may vary. UK and EU eBook price includes VAT.
- “A must read sci-fi neo-noir” – review of An Android Awakes on Super Robot Mayhem
- “amazing imagery” – review of An Android Awakes on SFcrowsnest
- “one of the most pleasant surprises of the year” – review of An Android Awakes on Upcoming4me
- “delightfully peculiar” – review of An Android Awakes on Exeposé
- “I bloody loved it” – review of An Android Awakes on Shelf Abuse
- “entertaining, sexy, terrifying, and beautiful” – review of An Android Awakes on The Compulsive Reader
- “Emotionally intelligent, engaging and literate” – review of An Android Awakes on Murder Mayhem & More
- “a thoughtful creation” – Allen Stroud reviews An Android Awakes on SFBook Reviews
- “one of the coolest and most fascinating reads out there” – review of An Android Awakes on Starburst
- “fresh…never boring” – review of An Android Awakes on Skuds’ Sister’s Brother
- Deliciously irresistible, amazing and cool pageturner – review of An Android Awakes on Risingshadow
- “Intricate, fiery and original” – 10/10 review of An Android Awakes on The Weekly Spoon
- “something that is to be admired” – review on Comic Book News of An Android Awakes
- “Smart, challenging and well worth any jaded fantasist’s rapt attention” – Win Wiacek reviews An Android Awakes on Now Read This!
- Five reasons you should read An Android Awakes – review by Megan Noblett
Available to buy from all Apple iBookstores
Available to buy from Google Play
Available to buy from Kobobooks
Available to buy from Barnes & Noble
Available from all good bookshops.
Or BUY DIRECT from the Elsewhen Press Purchasing Portal.
Advance Information Sheet available here